Ellen Mehling’s recent article Job Hunters: 10 Reasons Why Your Networking May Not Be Working for the Metropolitan New York Library Council offers honest and realistic advice that is valuable for anyone regardless of status or industry.
Want to test some of Ellen’s tips? Come meet other information professionals at Librarian Libations this Friday. Join our network!
METRO and SLA-NY are offering a two-part webinar series on learning how to better market your skills and create new opportunities for yourself, entitled “Expanding Your Career Potential: Construct a Plan to Attain New Levels of Expertise, Employment, Compensation and Career Satisfaction”. For all those struggling to find a job or suffering at your current job, learn how to join the movement toward giving us librarians a new public image!
Here is the email we received today:
Join us for a special two-part webinar with David Grossman and SLA President-Elect Deb Hunt as they present:
Expanding Your Career Potential: Construct a Plan to Attain New Levels of Expertise, Employment, Compensation and Career Satisfaction
Wednesday, November 9, 2011 – 3:00 to 4:30 pm and Wednesday, December 14, 2011 – 3:00 to 4:30 pm
During these webinars you’ll:
- discover how to leverage your existing skills and experience or acquire new skill sets to improve your marketability
- devise a strategy to capitalize on new opportunities with your current employer
- receive practical advice on how to prepare for an alternative career
- develop a personal action plan to assure continued employment
Webinar Package Fee:
- $50: SLA-NY members; METRO, myMETRO, and NY 3R’s Council Members;
- $75: Non-members
Learn more & register at: http://www.metro.org/en/cev/129